Saturday, October 3, 2009

Changes...

Howdy folks! So, I promised to let you know what came of the auditions, and here it is :).

Drumroll, please...

I have a job! Wahoo! This has been quite a journey here in Essen. We've been here a little more than seven weeks, and I've been looking for a job since then! We really didn't want to just take any old job, but we wanted to hold out for one that I would actually enjoy. Our waiting has paid off.

I had two auditions in the past couple weeks, the one with the dinner theatre I mentioned and one with the theatre that wanted me to audition for The Glass Menagerie a few weeks ago. I know, strange story gets longer! The brief version - the rehearsals for this job began a week ago. However, the guy that they had cast in the position they originally wanted me to audition for decided one week into the rehearsal process that he didn't like the job, and he went home. I got a call yesterday from one of the two theatre directors who told me the above information and asked me to come audition (their rehearsal space is about an hour away from Essen in Soest.)

The skinny is: I have booked a British Equity educational English language theatre year-long contract. I will be playing Tom in The Glass Menagerie, and two other roles in two other shows. The other shows are original works/adaptations, and one is an ensemble piece, and I'll play the lead in the other. There are four of us who will play all the roles in the three shows (two guys - both American, and two girls - both Scottish.) We will be touring around Germany and Denmark (mostly in NRW: the German state that we live in.) The great thing about that is that I'll be able to come home to Sidonie in Essen almost EVERY WEEKEND!

Because the group is a week into the four week rehearsal process, I've got quite a job ahead of me! I'll begin at 9 AM on Monday, yes, that means three days from now! Needless to say, we've got quite a lot to do here this weekend!

Well, I'll keep this short, so I won't give all the details of the audition here, but if you want to know them, just send me an email or leave a comment.

5 comments:

Allie said...

congratulations, Ryan! Wish we could see your shows! :)

s i d. said...

Wahooooooo!
<3

Laura :) said...

Great news and well deserved!!!

julieamazed said...

WOW!! Both of you doing what you love!! How wonderful!! What does that mean, "British equity", in the context of their theater system? and how many shows a week?
Love you,
jules

Corey said...

So Happy for you!!! Jobs Are a plus, LOL!!!