Monday, January 4, 2010

And To All a Good Night (Part 2)

So, here are the additional London pictures, as promised. Enjoy!



There were lots of memorials on our way to Trafalger Sq. This was one of them for women involved in WWII.


Trafalger Sq!


False advertising! No such thing exists!


One of the famous London double-decker busses!



Sidonie laughed at my ability to capture the moon, Big Ben, and the London Eye all in one night shot!


Big Ben at night!



Westminster Abby from the rear.


Houses of Parliament.


Although I'm not at all interested in going into politics, this is a pretty swank building on the list of "buildings to work in as a politician!"


Outside the Houses Of Parliament was this statue of Winston Churchill! Cool, huh?


On our way to St. Paul's Cathedreal (where Charles and Diana got married.)


St. Paul's!

Behind St. Paul's was a cool statue of John Wesley.


The front of St. Paul's.


In case you can't tell, we walked all the way around St. Paul's ;)


Some pretty architecture near St. Paul's.



Sidonie on London Bridge (which, thankfully, didn't fall down!)


Me on London Bridge with Tower Bridge in the background!



The famous Tower Bridge!


The Tower of London.


When we got to the Tower Bridge itself... :D


"Mind the Gap" is a phrase one hears quite frequently when taking the London metro (or Tube as they call it.) They don't really mean that there's a gap at all, but simply that there's a slight step down from the train to the platform. Then again, I suppose "Mind the Slight Step Down as You Exit the Train" doesn't have the same ring...


Another funny (but very helpful) sign. This "Look Right" and "Look Left" is painted all over intersections downtown for tourists from the rest of the world where we drive on the other side of the road (and, hence, look in the other direction first before we cross the street!)



Sidonie got to go shopping for some new winter clothes as part of her Christmas - here is most of the outfit she got! Very cute, huh? I'm in love with her!


Guess which musical theatre character I am...


Now? (David Hasselhoff was not harmed in the taking of these photos.)


I think I could use a shave. Maybe I'll get one here at this Barber's Shop on...


FLEET STREET! OK, maybe not...


Here we are on Fleet Street!


For those non-musical theatre enthusiasts, Fleet Street is the real life place where the fictional story of Sweeny Todd takes place, and look what we found on Fleet Street...that's right! A barber shop on the second floor above a cafe called EAT! Just like in Sweeny (Yes, we know we're musical theatre nerds for taking/posting these photos, but we're OK with that! ;)

Hope you enjoyed the second installment in my series. Until next time (which will hopefully be sooner than later!)

6 comments:

Allie said...

I remember being slightly disappointed that London Bridge was so... normal and boring-looking while the Tower Bridge, which is so close by, is really pretty! They should have written the song about Tower Bridge. :) Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Allie said...

p.s. and I love St Paul's. One of my favorite Wordsworth poems. And I love the cathedral, too. :)

julieamazed said...

I feel like I was there with you guys!! I haven't been to London since I was 13, which is now seemingly like a lonmg time!

Laura :) said...

Love, love, love your photos! I was in England for two weeks on my honeymoon, and your shots brought back GREAT memories...and of course all of the musical references couldn't make me happier!

I'm rehearsing BLITHE SPIRIT in St. Pete at American Stage right now, and we have two real, live Brits in our cast! I'm getting terrific dialect coaching!

Miss your faces!

xoxo
Laura :)

Ma said...

Can you believe you actually saw all of this?!? Thanks for sharing all the great photos and stories!

Rachael Britton said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to go to London! :DD It's been my life's dream. :) And I LOVE Sweeny Todd, so I'll have to remember to go to Fleet Street when I go. ^_^